10th ANNUAL CHRISTMAS MARKET
The Tolstoi Heritage Centre is excited to announce our next project, a collection of recipes from current and former residents of the Tolstoi area! If you are interested in contributing to our cookbook, please find 2 or 3 treasured family recipes and submit them using one of the methods below. The deadline for submissions is September 30, 2023. We hope to have completed cookbooks available at our Christmas Craft and Bake Sale on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at the Tolstoi Senior Centre.
How to submit recipes:
- Enter your recipe on the online form at the following link: https://www.cookbookprinter.com/PDF/RecipeSubmissionForm-Fill.pdf and email your completed form to email@example.com.
- Print the form at the following link: https://www.cookbookprinter.com/PDF/RecipeSubmissionForm-print.pdf and mail your recipe to Tolstoi Heritage Centre, P. O. Box 123, Tolstoi, MB, R0A 2E0
- If you are unable to print the form in #2, simply use the instructions on it to handwrite your recipe on paper and mail to the above address.
- Paper copies of forms are also available at the Tolstoi Heritage Centre on Sunday, August 27 from 11 am to 3 pm, at the Tolstoi Senior Centre, or from Denise Lubiansky (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up).
Tips for submitting recipes:
- Only one recipe per page.
- Use the abbreviations listed on the form. (Ex. tsp. for teaspoon)
- Include your phone number beside your name on the form in case we need to clarify something in the recipe.
- Be sure to complete all sections of the form. The “recipe no.” box can be omitted.
- Check your recipe carefully for errors.
- If you want to reserve one or more copies of the cookbook for purchase, be sure to complete the bottom of the form.
TOLSTOI CLOTHING FUNDRAISER
Now who doesn’t want to let everyone know that they are from Tolstoi? Or that they’ve spent some time here? Or that they love our community?
We have hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies for sale. Check out the slide show below for samples. The items are available for purchase at the Tolstoi Heritage Centre on August 20th and 27th from 11am to 3pm.
Prices are: hats and t-shirts $25; sweatshirts $35; and hoodies $45. We accept cash or etransfer (email@example.com).
At this time we only have adult sizes (S, M, L, XL,2XL) but depending on our success and demand we may expand to child sizes.
The sale of these items are part of our efforts to raise funds to build an addition to the Tolstoi Heritage Centre that will include washrooms, collection storage, kitchen and meeting and office space.
If you can’t make it to the Tolstoi Heritage Centre in the next couple of Sundays to purchase your Tolstoi gear, we can be open by appointment. (Message our Facebook page or call Jo-Anne at 204-451-1697.)
To help with your Christmas shopping, we will also have Tolstoi gear for sale at our annual Christmas Craft and Bake Sale which will be held on Saturday, November 18th in Tolstoi.
Please support us! Thank you!
Donations can now be made to the Tolstoi Heritage Centre in three different ways:
- By mailing a cheque to: Tolstoi Heritage Centre P. O. Box 123 Tolstoi, MB R0A 2E0
- By sending an eTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By donating through the Canada Helps donation website: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/92160
Regardless of which method you choose, a charitable donation receipt will be sent to you.
NEWS RELEASE – AUGUST 5, 2023
NEWSLETTER – AUGUST 2, 2023
As you may have heard, the Tolstoi Heritage Centre is undertaking a major project, the construction of an addition to the Heritage Centre. The addition, or “annex”, will include washrooms, a kitchen, a meeting area, and a storage area for artifacts. It will be universally accessible and sensitive to the architectural history of the existing building.
With this project in mind, committee members applied for a grant from the Province of Manitoba, specifically the Arts, Culture and Sport in Community Fund (ACSC Fund). I am very excited to report that our application was successful and we have been awarded a total of $112,370 for our project.
Special thanks go out to the following people: Angela Smook, one of our directors, who completed the lengthy application with input from our secretary-treasurer, Sandra Drewniak, and project lead, Brent Patten. Thanks also to Josh Guenter, MLA for Borderland, and the board of Emerson-Franklin Municipality, for their support of our application.
This is a “matching” grant so we still have to raise the remainder of the project cost through fundraising, donations, in-kind goods and services, etc.
Keep in mind that the Heritage Centre is still open from 11 am to 3 pm on Sundays in August. Everyone is welcome to drop in, chat, and have a look around. If you have any old photos of the area, we would love to see them.
Also our annual Christmas Craft and Bake Sale is scheduled for Saturday, November 18 at the Tolstoi Senior Centre so mark your calendars. Once again, we will have a room dedicated to our Christmas Market, where we offer new or gently used Christmas decor and gift items for sale. If anyone would like to donate items, we would be willing to pick them up.
Thanks for your time,
Tolstoi Heritage Centre
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Tolstoi Heritage Centre was held on Sunday, June 25, 2023 at 2 pm at the Heritage Centre. Thank you to everyone who attended.
The Tolstoi Heritage Centre is on Facebook. Like and follow our page to keep up with news and events and to leave your comments and questions.